Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Diner Set

This is my set of six mugs. I named it "The Diner Set" because it looks closley related to a mug that you would use if you went to a restaurant, such as Denny's or Ihop.

These cups are fired to ^10 reduction with Alegheny Meadow's Haynes Satin White and Matt Long's Green Celedon on the inside of the mugs.

I am somewhat upset with the outcome of the cups because the glaze was applied the wrong way and has many different heavily applicated spots, along with spots with little glaze.

This project helped me in creating mug forms that are closley related or the same and learning the process on how to pull handles. I am glad I learned this process because I can then take my skills learned from this project and more effectively create similar forms to be united as a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment