Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Found Metals Project

During the second quarter of first semester, we went to welding to learn the processes of another type of 3-D art. Our project was to create something using found metal from the Bollman welding lot.

I was inspired by a lot of the wall hangings that are made from metal and used for decoration.

I am not happy with the out come of this piece, due to the fact that not every piece is centered and facing the correct way.

During the project, I noticed that the piece was getting too flimsy and I don't know if it will function as a wall piece so I still have not decided whether or not I will make it work as a wall piece or transform it into something else, such as a table. I also have to decide what color i would like to paint my piece because I do not like the rust that is on the metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment